Friday, February 20, 2009

Jeremiah 1

"Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work." v5 How stunning is that? To think that God has an active part in the forming of each new creation. They don't just "happen" by nature, He is actively MAKING and knitting together new life in the womb. You can't get much more sacred than that.

"I am with you to protect you." v8 B-girl, if you read this, it brought to mind what B-guy said about feeling that "check of warning" when something isn't right. To slow down... stop. To think that God is actively accompanying us (through angels and the HS) is also a stunning thought. We do not walk alone. Would we check our steps a little more carefully if we realized that? That our lives are a "witness" to angels?

1 comment:

Berry Girl said...

I'm so excited to start Jeremiah. There's some really good stuff in here.

I love that opening too - even before God had formed Jeremiah, He had already set him apart for this work. Jeremiah was set apart before he was born and appointed.

And what a mission:
To root out and to pull down
To destroy an to throw down
To build and to plant.