Saturday, May 9, 2009

John 10

"But those who hate their lives in this world will keep true life forever." v25

I always find it so awe inspiring how we are to count this life as nothing. It's all about preparing for eternity, not living this life in a way that when we die we "finish" well, but in such a way that we will have the strongest start as we begin the first day of the rest of our lives.

Jesus said, "Now I am very troubled. Should I say, 'Father, save me from this time?' No, I came to this time so I could suffer. Father, bring glory to your name! Then a voice came from heaven, "I have brought glory to it, and I will do it again." John 12:27-28

Don't we always want to be removed from the "hard path"? And yet it is on the hard path that we are made perfect in weakness and He can be most glorified.

"The crowd standing there, who heard the voice, said it was thunder. But others said, "An angel has spoken to him." v29

I love this, it reminded me of the Uncle Andrew only hearing the animals of Narnia making crazy animal sounds even though they were speaking. His ears were not attuned to the message, his brain was not willing to accept it. Oh to have ears to hear and eyes to see.

No comments: